Lo studente sceglie l'insegnante o il tutor e prenota la classe. Dopodiché, effettua il pagamento a Lingostan. Quando la lezione è conclusa, lo studente la conferma e Lingostan trasferirà i soldi nell'account dell'insegnante. I pagamenti rimarranno depositati nel Wallet insegnante e saranno inviati ogni 15 giorni, su richiesta, con il metodo di pagamento scelto dall'insegnante.
To be a tutor on Lingostan you must be of legal age and you must have created a profile at www.lingostan.com. After that, you can apply to be a tutor. Before applying please be sure that you are willing to speak your language with those who want to learn or improve it. You must have patience and a love for sharing knowledge with others. These are essential requirements. Tutors do not require a formal qualification like professional teachers as they only provide informal classes.Others requirements include:
1) A stable and reliable internet connection (minimum 7-8 MB download speed)
2) VOIP Software such as Skype, WeChat and Google Hangout. The choice of application will depend on the students and their preference according to their country. Skype is the most popular client with our students and thus is compulsory.
3) A silent environment that promotes the concentration of the student. Noisy pets or people disrupt learning. You should also make a short video so that students can get a feel for your style and your accent.
To become a teacher in Lingostan you need:
- To be of legal age and have a profile at lingostan.com.
- To show us the documentation that attests your teaching skills. The certification we accept includes:
- A certificate of higher education: an undergraduate, a graduate, a master’s or a doctorate degree.
- A professional teaching qualification
- Evidence of experience with a company or organization.
- To have materials and resources for students.
Teachers must organize lessons for students in order to offer structured lessons. You should also be able to provide extra resources for students at their request. These include and are not limited to: Practical exercises, vocabulary lists and level tests.
To become a teacher in Lingostan you need:
The only mandatory data is:
- A professional picture of yourself with good light and in which your face is clearly visible. No sunglasses or people in the shot with you.
- A presentation video.
- The language(s) you teach (your mother tongue or C2 accredited abilities).
- Other languages that you can speak (A1-C1 abilities).
- Your teaching rates.
- Your contact details that you will use to connect for the lesson. Students will only be able to see these details after booking a class with you.
- Your teaching availability.
The more data you include, the better. Your name and surname, date of birth, tags, experiences and specialities are all great for students.
For maximum efficiency and transparency, tutors and teachers profiles should be updated if any change occurs.
Do not include private data such as your email, your phone number or links in your profile and video presentation. This data is not necessary for you to teach on Lingostan. Profiles and videos showing such data will not be approved.
We are very confident in the common sense and honesty of our teachers and tutors, but we must make it clear that it is strictly forbidden to partake in classes outside the Lingostan platform when the student has found you through Lingostan. Inviting students to move to another platform/site/channel or to your personal website is expressly forbidden.
All the students that you meet on Lingostan must remain on Lingostan.
Anyone who commits this serious breach of trust will be punished with the immediate and permanent suspension of their profile and retention of all their money earned to date.
Never ask students for private information, never accept payment methods other than those indicated on Lingostan and do not use Lingostan to advertise your personal activities or look for employees.
Yes, you can, and we encourage you to do so! Always kindly ask for a vote and a review from the students. Students are not required to leave a written review, but feedback about their experience with you is very important for your public image as a tutor or teacher. Therefore, always ask students without being pushy since these reviews will be useful to those looking for a teacher.
In your video you must introduce yourself to potential students, talking about your passion for languages, your experiences, your hobbies and what you can do in order to help students learn your language. Your video should be about 1-4 minutes in length. This of course can vary depending on how many languages the video is recorded in. You must include your name, you must speak in the language or languages that you teach and you must say the name of the website, lingostan.com.
Here are some tips in order to make an effective presentation of yourself (don't shoot vertical videos):
1) Mention your experience as a teacher or tutor if you have any.
2) Smile and be friendly.
3) Don’t speak too fast when you speak in your native language, since some students are beginners. Remember to speak both in the languages you teach and in English and other languages you are fluent in, since it'll attract more students.
4) Say the name of lingostan.com (for example: I’m looking forward to teaching you on lingostan.com).
5) Check the audio of the video to make sure people can hear you clearly.
6) Make the video in a well-lit environment, with plenty of light. Choose a tidy environment (avoid recording in your kitchen or in messy rooms).
7) If you know a little bit of video editing so that your video can look more professional, that would be perfect. This is not mandatory, it’s up to you.
Remember that you can change the video at any time.
The video has to be uploaded to YouTube, youku.com or a similar video sharing platform, and from there you simply add the link to your profile.
Once you have created your profile, set your rates and set your schedules, you will become part of the Lingostan community. Students will be able to find you by searching the database of teachers and tutors. When students are interested in booking a class with you, they will check your availability and book a class with you. You will receive a confirmation email once the class has been booked. From this point, you will be able to keep in touch with your students through our chat.
Here at Lingostan, teachers and tutors set their rates. We recommend starting with a low price, and then increasing it as you get positive feedback. Don’t set a high price from the start, since students will be suspicious of paying for a tutor without any positive reviews. You also have to understand that students who take online lessons expect to pay less compared to a real school. The minimum price is $4 per hour, and the maximum $50 per hour. Teachers usually charge more than tutors because they have to provide and prepare the material for the lessons, which takes more time than a conversation with a student.
You can set your price per hour, or even for fractions of hours (minimum 15 minutes) and create discounted package rates for recurring students.
You set your own schedules. They can be regular (for example, every Monday from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm) or irregular (for example, every Tuesday except in August). You are free to change your schedule at any time.
Make sure your time zone is accurate because students will see it when they book your classes. Changes in reservations must be made in advance of the class. You establish the amount of notice that you require when managing your profile. The minimum time period is 6 hours and the maximum is 48 hours.
For example, if you set the required notice for booking changes to 6 hours, you should be aware that when you go to sleep at, let’s say, 11pm, a student might book a lesson with you at 5am in the morning. If you set such availability, be sure that you can make the classes. If you miss more than 2 requests for lessons your profile will be suspended!
This is very important. Whether you are a teacher or a tutor, it’s up to you to take the lead. Students should be encouraged and feel engaged with you in a stimulating and relaxing environment.
Here are some tips:
1) There should never be awkward silences where nobody speaks. Don’t let a debate die out, always keep things lively by asking questions and discussing interesting topics.
2) Always correct students’ mistakes. This is why students pay - they want to be corrected and improve! Write notes for them on Skype or, better yet, keep a Google Doc for them, in order to keep track of everything. While the student speaks, you can jot down their mistakes and then give feedback to the students from time to time.
3) You have to understand that you may speak with students coming from really different cultures and religions compared to your own, so be careful. Unless the students take the lead, do not ask provocative questions and do not start criticizing the student’s politics. Remember that students are your customers!
The student chooses the tutor/teacher and a time for class and makes the payment to Lingostan. After the class is over, the student confirms the class took place, and then Lingostan makes the payment to the tutor/teacher. Payments are stored in the tutor/teacher’s profile and will be sent every 15 days to the teacher/tutor’s chosen method of payment.
Lingostan charges a commission of only 10%, necessary for the maintenance and promotion of the platform and to ensure that you can work without issue in a profitable and serene environment.
The student pays Lingostan for the class at the time of booking and the tutor/teacher does not receive payment from Lingostan until the student confirms that the teacher attended the class.
Don’t worry! You haven’t wasted your time and you will be paid. You should try first to contact the student and if they don’t answer within 24 hours to confirm the lesson, you can write to us. We will review the issue and we will then transfer the money to the rightful recipient.
If the student refuses to confirm that a class has been completed, please do not get into a dispute with them. Instead, get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Please contact us: email@example.com and we will be happy to help!